Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tempus Fugit ... Or Something

So … I have 13 days until I leave for NYC and I have started panicking. Not the kind of panic where you’re crouched in a corner rocking back and forth. No, not yet. But every time I think about all that has to be done before I leave, my stomach starts to hurt and I want to drink it away with a handle of whiskey.

I’m just not ready to pack up my whole life again. I’ve gotten so used to packing just enough – just what I need to survive for 6 weeks here and 5 weeks there – that the thought of packing an entire life is paralyzing. I keep feeling like I should be packing only what will fit in my Escape. But no, this time I have a 10 ft truck. And anyone who lives in NYC knows that an NYC bedroom isn’t big enough to hold 10 feet’s worth of crap.

So I’ve given myself daily projects. Like, “Today, I will pack my winter clothes.” or “Today, I will pack just my theatre books.” Trouble is, I’m pretty sure there are more categories than there are days left. Someone needs to light a fire …

Daily Activities for My Career:
Today: two auditions at my agent’s office. One for a TV commercial that is clearly a Progressive knock-off and for a voice-over. I’m pretty sure I won’t get either seeing as how I just wanted to get them over with so I could get home a continue stressing about moving.
Tomorrow: flying to another state for a callback. I can’t wait until I live in NYC and all of the auditions/callbacks are in one place!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment