Saturday, September 4, 2010

The New Beginning

So ... I made it to NYC and I am writing on my couch as I listen to the music from a block party a few streets away. I love this town! I am loving my neighborhood, how easy it is to get around in this city AND I love that I have so many good friends close by.

Last night, I met up with about 8 good friends from my grad school days, some I had seen recently, some I hadn't seen in about 4 years! But it was great to reconnect with everyone and to know that we are all still following our dreams in this biz in some capacity.

And now for my challenge: One thing everyday for my career? Hm, that seems to have gone by the wayside, hasn't it? Well, there is nothing set in stone that says I can't start over. I am giving myself the weekend to continue settling in and then I will hit it on Tuesday!

PS - A big ol' black lady just walked past my window singing to Jesus at the top of her lungs! That's the second person I've heard today just singing it out in public. And not for money. Just cuz it feels good to sing in the sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like u are having fun! And it is good to see some old friends! have fun

    ReplyDelete