Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day of Rest

So ... maybe this is just my way of justifying not doing anything for my career today, but I strongly believe in a day of rest and today was that day for me. So instead of looking for auditions or sending emails or annoying my upstairs neighbors with screeching my way through a voice lesson, I've decided to just give thanks. It's a very churchy thing to do I suppose, but it is Sunday and while you can take the girl out of the conservative, Christian, Red state, you can't take the ... well, you know.

Today, on my day of rest, I went to IKEA to meet my friend who lives only a few hours from me. We are both moving soon and looking for new furniture for our respective new adventures. He and I did "The Boys Next Door" several summers ago and have stayed good friends ever since. He is extremely supportive of me and has traveled to see a lot of my shows over the last few years. He's very talented, driven, supportive, funny, kind and an all-around fantastic human being.

But as I was driving home from our Swedish excursion (complete with Apple cake and Lingonberry juice! yum!), I thought about the many people I've met in my travels and how I'm still friends with so many of them to this day. I can travel to Seattle, LA, San Francisco, Texas, Florida, Virginia, Philly, Chicago, North Carolina, Georgia, the whole state of OH, Indianapolis, or Des Moines and in each of these locations, or somewhere along the way, will be a good friend waiting to catch up over some food and a beer (or 10).

Now I'm not writing this to say, "Wow, look how popular I am." For as many friends as I have in my life, there are just as many who never wanna see my fat face again. I've been a stupid, drunk bitch way too many times. But I'm thankful that there are a smattering of people around this great country that are willing to answer my phone call and meet to catch up.

I am thankful for my friends. And if you're reading this, you're probably one of them. So thank YOU! I hope I am as good a friend you as you are to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment