Sunday, July 25, 2010

Whoops

So ... apparently, I've turned to the blogger that annoys me the most: the one who never updates her blog. But I like to think I have good reason. I moved out of my sublet and drive 900 miles back to my hometown to start a show (more on this in coming posts, I promise). But that doesn't mean I haven't been doing things for my career. No, I haven't been a total slacker.

But as the precedence was set last Sunday, today is a day of rest (rest from the bitching about acting in my case), and it's a day to give thanks. I am thankful that I finally been cast in a show in my hometown so all of my family can come see me perform. And I'm thankful for the opportunity to prove to this community that yes, I do belong on its stages! And I'm thankful that after two and a half months of no job, I will start rehearsals tomorrow!!!

Daily Activities for My Career:
Wednesday - started the drive home, reconnected with professors and fellow students from grad school.
Thursday - reconnecting with my dear friend and mentor, Martha, finished the drive
Friday - auditioned for local dinner theatre
Saturday - wrote and sent thank you notes to dinner theatre, updated audition journal

1 comment:

  1. hey girl,
    been following your journey since i saw you had a blog going... very fun & fascinating. you are doing great keeping up w/ your blog updates. i started one years ago and never kept up w/ it! look forward to hearing more about your show in KC and adventure to the big apple.
    love,
    kristin

    ReplyDelete